Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Bethany




Well, I've written a lot about Lydia lately, so I thought that I would write about my second sweet daughter, Bethany Rachel. I got pregnant with Bethany when Lydia was nine months old. I was really hoping to get pregnant again but wasn't expecting it when I took the test and found out. I seriously had to make sure I wasn't dreaming! The pregnancy went well ( I am so blessed!) and she was born in November of 2006. She was so different from Lydia from the very beginning! No dimples, a big round head and HUGE beautiful eyes. For about the first ear of her life, without fail, everyone who would meet her would say " Wow! Look at those eyes!". We fell in love instantly, as did Lydia, although she wouldn't call her anything but "Baby" until she was almost a year old! Bethany was an easy and delightful baby. She grew up in a flash and still can't believe that she is completely a little girl although she lets me call her my baby. She is full of spunk! A definite second born, she thinks she can do everything that Lydia can. Her stubbornness and competitive nature is amazing and when refined shows through some great strengths. She also has a great sense of humor. She also is an amazing big sister and has tried everyday Havilah's been alive to get her to talk to her. I often think we should have named her Joy, she brings so much of it to our lives!

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

I just jumped over here from Kelly's blog. I actually read your blog a lot. I also have girls. I loved when you said, "Her stubbornness and competitive nature is amazing and when refined shows through some great strengths." That is perfect. I have a stubborn first born and sometimes it is hard to see it as a great strength.

Thanks for your encouraging, interesting mommy blog.

-- Alysun Peters