Thursday, September 18, 2008

Proud to be his wife!!



Last night David had his first ride-along as a reserve officer! Last spring, never in a million years would I have guessed we would be here today! David's Dad and Grandpa have both been contractors so he has been raised learning all there is to know about contracting. We got married young, I was eighteen and he was almost twenty-one, but God has always provided for us in amazing ways.
David started his own contracting business which has always been very successful because he is so good at what he does and because he always seeks to honor the Lord in what he does. We never really imagined him changing jobs. Being self-employed certainly is nice in a lot of ways, but it also has it's stresses. Back in June we were driving down the street one day and as we passed a police car David casually mentioned, " I would have liked being a cop.". We all make comments like this all the time so usually those things just roll off me, but for some reason that really stuck in my head. The next day I looked up some information online and just kept thinking about it. A few days later, I brought it up to David and he said that he had been thinking about it all week as well!
That same week there had been an article in the paper saying that Dallas would be taking on some new reserve officers in the fall. We prayed and he talked to Godly counsel ( I basically tried to completely stay out of it, not wanting to pressure him at all) and he continued to really feel led in this way. The really strange thing was how God was really working no my heart as well. Never would I have imagined wanting my husband to be a police officer! Somehow though, God has totally worked to prepare me for this, at least at this point!
David filled out his application, took his written test ( with flying colors!), passed his agility test ( big surprise!) and had his oral review. All that's left is for them to run his background check ( which of course we are very worried about!). Last night he went out on his fist ride-along and came home with lots of exciting stories. Please pray for us that we will continue to seek what the Lord has planned for us and that we will have tremendous wisdom in figuring out how to fit schooling, ride-alongs, and several other smaller issues into our already busy " I feel like never see you" life. We know that God will work it all out as long as we are faithful to stay focused on what He wants for us.

As I hope everyone who knows me could tell you without thinking twice, I am so proud of my husband! I know that he will succeed at whatever he sets his hand at to do. Whether or not he feels like he is supposed to go on an become a police officer, stay a building contractor or do something else completely, I am so privileged to be his wife! We'll see what the Lord has in store for us!

1 comment:

Mrs David W said...

Hello Grace,
You don't know me but, I know of you :) I was friends with Alyssa and the Cunninghams etc at Labish. Plus, my husband went to SBC with Jonathan. Oh, and we are close friends with Martins
Terribly small world isn't it?!?!
I felt compelled to leave you a comment and let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your blog. Your heart beats for the Lord, and I love that you are proud to be your husbands wife!
Please forgive me for prying into your blog but, thank you for your posts!