Thursday, February 23, 2012

Heart For Home Thursday~ Habits (Preview for March!)

I love being a homemaker.  Love.  It.

I love being home and being the one responsible to make it run smoothly and be beautiful.

The truth is though, I'm not very good at it.  And I'm not joking.  I am really, really, not a very good homemaker.  I have learned much these past years of being married and I've grown quite a bit, but there is still a long journey ahead of me.

When I think about my daughters growing up and becoming young women there are so many things I want to teach them and train them in.  But I am their example.  I'm the one they watch day after day.  There are so many things I'm striving to grow in, like wisdom and self-discipline, but one of the practical things I can do for my daughters to assist them for years to come is to help them establish good HABITS!!!

Habits are what we do without thinking.  When it comes to the little "right choices" in life, I want them to be habits.  It should not be a struggles to remember to make my bed each morning.  It should be second nature.

So this next month I am focusing heavily on forming good habits, first for myself and then for my daughters.  This is kind of a "preview" for my blog agenda for March. 

During the month of March I will be devoting the month to 31 Days of Good Habits.  These will cover what I am working on with my girls.  Feel free to jump in with us, gather ideas or just encourage us as we walk this path.  I'm excited and nervous, but mostly excited!  We'll be starting next Thursday so don't forget!!!



No comments: