Thursday, February 16, 2012

Heart For Home Thursday~ Help For the Non-Creative Me



My mom is creative.  As creative as they come.  You would think genes like those would pass down just a little.  But they don't.  Or at least, didn't, in this situation.  I don't think I have a creative bone in my body.  I appreciate creativity and feel inspired by other's creativity, but it doesn't "spring" from me at all.

I have a friend who loves to decorate her home.  She posts pictures on facebook of her little house that she is completely "creatively making over" from basement to attic.  She probably has no idea how I look at her pictures and just sit with my jaw dropped.  How does she come up with such beautiful and original ideas?!?!?

When it comes to my home, I can tell you exactly what areas I would love to "do something" with.  I know what I want to change, I just have no idea how to change it. 

Enter....... Inspiration.
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

I put off the "pinterest bug" for a long time.  I really tried to stay away.  But it has won me over.  Officially.  If you've never checked it out, go to http://pinterest.com/ and see what it's all about. 

 For a crazy, non-creative creativity lover like myself, seeing all of these amazing ideas in one place makes me think that maybe I'll actually get to some of those "somethings got to change" places in my home.  Maybe my heart for my home will begin to be matched by what my home turns into!  I'm so excited!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record...I think you're super creative!
Laura :)