Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Retreat 2009

First of all, I am very sorry for being so negligent about my blog lately!!! Our camera has been having some serious issues and lately has not worked at all. So alas, here I have been, wanting to post, but with nothing interesting to catch your eye! So I finally resorted (gasp!) to stealing some pictures from my friends so I could at least update you on the major happening in our lives the past week!

Last weekend was our youth winter retreat. For those of you who don't remember, David and I have worked with Bridgeport Youth Group ever since we graduated from it. This was my 10th winter retreat!

We have our retreat at Big Lake. This year we had six feet of snow which is actually quite a bit less compared to past years! This makes for great snow forts, snowball fights, snow capture the flag and especially a terrific sled run off of our three story A-frame lodge that is ( don't forget!) covered in snow!
This our favorite event of the year. Not only is it packed full of fun times, but you get to pull out all of the cool snow gear you've accumulated over the years!


Being a parent is always interesting during these times and it takes great wisdom to know what is best! Always in the past we have brought our children along ( '06~ Lydia at 7 months, '07~ Lydia 1 1/2, Bethany 2 months, '08~ Lydia 2 1/2, Bethany 1) but we decided this year to leave the big girls with Grandma and Boppa and only take little Havilah. I have a hard time leaving my girls, but they had a GREAT time! Havilah was a good little trooper! It was very helpful having four aunties and three uncles there though!

God is so amazing and has blessed us every year by really working in the hearts of so many kids, not to mention ourselves! Our friends Eli and Mandy come from Texas to speak to us and this year they brought along there friends Ryan and Ashley too. They are such an encouragement and the Lord speaks through them in amazing ways! If I wrote all that I wanted to, this post would be really, REALLY long and I doubt any of you would read it all. But please, take a minute to ponder this amazing sunset below, that we got to see in person in all it's radiant beauty. He's telling you He loves you!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Grace! Of course I remember you! I first saw your blog through Allison's too (isn't she a great blogger?!?) I'm glad you stopped by and left a note!

Peters Family Farms said...

I heard you were praising Jesus in your sleep :)

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Neat that you have Eli and Mandy there every year! When I lived in Vancouver, we used to take our youth group to Camp David in Sisters every summer. Good memories! :)