Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just one day at a time

Sorry once again for my lack of posting. Life goes on here as usual. Wake up in the morning ( We've been working at 6:00 for David and I, although I still rebel every morning at the thought of it!), have some coffee and some time in the Bible while waiting for the wood stove to heat up, make breakfast and eat with the little ones making it down the stairs. The last few mornings Bethany follows her sister down saying over and over " Lydia, thank you for waiting for me!". Daddy leaves for work and we girls get on with our day.





I so easily forget to be thankful for very moment I have with my children. They are growing up right in front of my eyes and even with the tremendous blessing of being able to stay home with them, I still need reminded to take advantage of the time I have with them. I can get so caught up in the busyness of life that I'm shocked at times to realize how long it's been since I've painted Lydia's toes or any of the other things that I keep telling her we'll do "later", or "maybe tomorrow".


Havilah is now crawling all around the house and it amazes me to think that my infant will be walking in only a couple of months! Wasn't she just born?



Last Saturday we had our second trip to the emergency room as parents. Bethany tripped ( for the 4,oooth time) and happened to hit her head just right on the edge of the plate she was carrying and split her forehead. Thankfully they didn't have to give her any stitches, they simply super-glued it!

I was reminded again of how you never know what a day will bring. I'm so thankful to know a God who has everything in His control. It makes it such a joy to live every moment of everyday! Which reminds me, I need to go paint some toes!

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

Good post. I was wondering where you went. It always amazes me that a whole day can slip by and I can't remember if there was really anything significant. I get in a zone of just getting stuff done. THanks or the reminder to be thankful for the blessing of staying home with the little ones.

Peters Family Farms said...

Gotta love the ER trips! Just wait until you add some little boys to your mix! Josh has gotten stiches on 4 occasions and in Nov. the big boys "tackled" the grocery cart with Josiah in the front seat, breaking his arm and collar bone, let me tell ya, FUN TIMES!