Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Havilah!!!

I am actually three days late with this post as her birthday was the 22nd, but I thought that I had better go and give some recognition to my youngest little sweetheart.

Let's see, what do I remember the most about Havilah's birth? I found out I was pregnant with Havilah during one of the most stressful times of our lives. We had to move very soon and still didn't know where and work was the slowest it had ever been for David. We knew right away though that God had an amazing plan for this little one and that she would be a tremendous blessing and not a burden.

Her pregnancy flew by! With two little girls to chase around there wasn't much time to just sit. She was six days late and I remember going to the hospital and feeling uneasy about maybe having a boy because David and Lydia were at such odds about what we should name him. They would go back and forth about how Daddy likes Moses, but Lydia likes Gabe. I was pretty sure I was having another jewel of a daughter though!

Her labor was by far the easiest I had ever had. It was only eight hours and I never even had to get to my "hoo hoo heee" breathing! When she came out, she was so beautiful! I know every mom says that, but I was overwhelmed at the beautiful little creation I held.

She truly is a treasure. Her smile is the most effective medicine I've found. She is definitely our most "strong willed" child, but it is so rewarding to see the fruits of training her. She is going to be one powerful young woman!

I am so thankful for my precious little Havi. My heart delights in being her Mommy.




















1 comment:

Aly sun said...

I love the pictures of her in the grass. Beautiful! She is so cute and precious.