Monday, July 26, 2010

6 Months!!!

It's true. My baby girl is 6 months old. Considering how late I am in posting this I suppose it would be more accurate to say that she is 6 months and 9 days old. I still can't believe it.

Remember this baby?
This is still who I expect to pick up every morning. But oh no! In her place is this little bundle of joy that makes my fist clench to my heart almost every time I see her. Do you do that mommys? It feels like instinct. My heart literally throbs, as if I can grasp for a moment the treasure of this precious moment. A moment that will be gone as soon as I realize it's there. But in it's place is a new moment, as beautiful as an unfolding rosebud. Somehow while writing about my children tears almost always spring to my eyes and I can hardly escape the urge to run upstairs and kiss them in their sleep. What a truly blessed gift we have been given!

Ella is now right on the brink of sitting up, creeping and her first tooth. The combination hasn't made for the most joy-filled days in the history of Ella Joy, but she still fills our days with radiant sunshine.

To God be all the glory! How blessed it is to sit in His all knowing and all powerful hand!

8 comments:

Angie said...

You have described motherhood so well Grace! I can so relate to the way you write and think.You are passionate like I am.Ella is growing so fast! They all do.....it is truly bittersweet.....

Our Peculiar Lives said...

She's so precious!

Anonymous said...

Yay, your back to your blogging! I've been checking in every few days in anticipation of your return. It's amazing how big Ella is getting! Our little girls are quickly leaving the baby stage. Thank you for sharing your heart in such a beautiful and grateful way. I am always blessed and encouraged!

Anonymous said...

I always forget to tell you who I am...that last post was from your sister Laura.

Aly sun said...

Yep, one precious moment replaced with the next. She such a doll! Love it.

Raising Saints said...

I cannot believe that our baby girls are already 6 months old! Ella is adorable!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful, Grace. The joy shines even in pictures! And you are so right about those "moments" that are simply life being lived in all it's wonderfulness. I find myself lingering over my big girl lately as I check her (still. always!) at night and the same beauty of her existence captures me just like it did when I held her moments after her birth. I rather think that probably never goes away. I certainly hope not...

- a. marie

Abigail said...

Wow, don't they grow fast! I can remember when you posted her birth announcement on MOMYS! She is so cute! Don't you just love being a mommy? I sure do, and I know what you mean about your heart hurting when you think about how much you love your children! Praise the Lord for the gift of motherhood!