Friday, November 12, 2010

Hi there!

Hi everyone!  I've missed you all.  These last few weeks have basically been a time of  curling into a little ball and enjoying it!  We've been attempting to shrink life a little.

For those of you who missed my "announcement", yes, we are expecting again!  We couldn't be happier!  Silly as this may sound, I actually was completely shocked when I saw that little blue line show up.  Now I realize not all of you are probably as avid pregnancy test addicts as I am.  I'm almost to the point of adding it to my list of favorite hobbies.  I can't tell you how many times I've thought I was pregnant, only to have it show up negative.  Never before have I been so convinced I wasn't!  I was actually shaking it shocked me so much!


It never ceases to amaze me how one tiny little line can change the whole world.  I'm a mom of FIVE!!!  I haven't been able to wipe the smile off of my face ever since.  Baby should arrive sometime in June.. No due date yet!

Morning sickness moved in quite comfortably and really made itself at home.  I really don't have much to complain about because it decided to leave after only about four short weeks.  It still stops by for a visit now and then, but I try to just be thankful for the reminder of my little raspberry sized baby (it was only a poppy seed when we first found out!!!) that is growing snugly inside of me. 

Like I said, life has really been put on slow-mo.  We did mange (with the help of aunties) to switch out all of the summer clothes for the fall/winter clothes.  We also set out to make our first batch of homemade taffy which ended in dismal failure. Any fool proof recipes?  Other than that, we've been laying low.  No school.  No 6:00 mornings.  Never fear though!  Next week the schedule is returning and I will FINALLY finish the lay out of our day (once we are actually doing it again!).

The one thing that we have been involved in has been the Operation Christmas Child shoe box giveaway.  This is such a wonderful ministry.  Our small little church every years comes together to send out hundreds of "shoe boxes" to add to millions  that are sent to needy children around the world. 
Our youth group this year raised their own money and put together 225 boxes, tripling last years total!

This is always a huge highlight for my girls too!  I think it's fabulous.  My small children get to go to the store and pick out loads of fun and pretty things to GIVE!  This was Havi's first year to put a box together and even she seemed to understand quite easily that these gifts were going to a different little girl far away.

In the boxes we include toothbrushes, tooth paste, soap, a hair brush, hair accessories, school supplies, toys, candy, socks and underwear etc..  Samaritan's Purse also adds gospel tracts so that every child who receives a box hears the news of Christ in their own language. 


So that's pretty much what we've been up to in a nutshell!  I should be around more in the coming days (as long as I can get this head cold to head for the hills too!) and I can't wait to catch up with you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are doing well, Grace! :) The salve is so great, THANKS! :D It has really helped with Ella's diaper rash! We also just did 3 OCC boxes as well! LOVE LOVE THAT PROGRAM! I like how you did it with the clear boxes and tissue paper! GREAT IDEA! I am doing that next year!

Blessings!
Amy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amandavital said...

Congratulations!! That is SO SO exciting that you are expecting again. I'm glad morning sickness only lasted a short time. I wonder what personality God has decided would be added to your beautiful family... Do you know when you are due then? Looking forward to more posts... :)