Saturday, July 30, 2011

What a week!

Oh what a week it has been!  It is once again camp week and David left last Monday for a full week of high school camp.  He happens to be about the best cabin leader in the whole world, so even though I HATE being away from him, I'm so blessed to see each year how the Lord uses him.  This year we girls had a new adventure.  Our house of six girls was joined by THREE MORE girls!!!

My beautiful sister-in-law, Laura, and her two adorable daughters, Talia and Eliana, came and stayed with us while her husband also went to camp.  To my utter disgust, I took NO PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!  I apologize profusely, but alas, there's not much I can do now!

Our time together was priceless.  The girls had completely warmed up to each other the previous weekend on the camping trip, so they played together beautifully.  Talia and Ella (who are two months apart) were so hilarious together.  Talia loves to laugh and Ella loves to entertain, so they were quite the pair!

The more time I spent with Laura, the more I realized that I have never met anyone as much like me as she is.  We have soooooooo much in common.  We thoroughly enjoyed our Mexican food and Dutch Puff.  It was so wonderful to have someone there to have a fabulous time with, and yet someone who could totally relate to how much I wanted time to fly so I could be with my husband again.  Laura is truly like a sister and it is unbelievable to think that she has only been in my life less than four years.

Thursday we were able to go up to camp and visit our men.  It was a WONDERFUL day!  Ooooooh, sooooo good to kiss my man again!  We had a tremendous time together, didn't run out of gas, and didn't get eaten by a cougar when we closed in the chickens for our brother-in-law.  ( Night+ chickens= real love for a brother-in-law!!!)

Laura and the girls left yesterday to go visit her parents and we miss them tons!  Today we've been busy little bees getting the house ready for Daddy to come home TOMORROW!!!  This week has been so much fun, but I can't wait for life to get back to normal!

(Since this post was completely void of pictures, I thought I would throw this one in just to give you a smile.  It gives me a smile!)

No comments: