Sunday, April 29, 2012

Love My Girl!!!

I feel like I have so much to catch up on!  Last week was Havilah's birthday, I still haven't posted Esther's 10 month pictures and (HOORAY!!!) one of the long awaited cousins has been born!!!!  But for today, I'll just write about the wonderful birthday date I had with Miss Lydia last night.

Lydia's birthday is next week and since she is growing up soooo fast and LOVES to have "big girl time" with Mommy, I thought it would be fun to take her out for a special date. 

First we went to Once Upon A Child which is a fabulous second hand store and we stocked up on summer clothes.  She had so much fun trying things on and giving her own opinion on what she liked.  It astounded me how fast she is growing into a beautiful little lady.  Her taste in clothing and her wisdom in make good decisions made my heart so proud.

Next we went over to the mall where of course we had to dash in the photo booth!


Then we headed down to Claire's where she picked out a necklace, some bracelets and a new head band.  (She told be later on that this was her favorite part of the date.  Never have a I met a girl who didn't like Claire's!)

Finally, she got all dressed up in her new stuff and we went out for dinner at Olive Garden.


Mmmmmmm, bread sticks!!!




It was so precious to have this time with my sweet daughter.  I hope I can always take the time to show her how important and priceless she is to me.



2 comments:

Angie said...

ahhhh Grace that almost made me teary!!!! You are doing excellent with your girls.This kind of stuff is SO important to them!It is NECESSARY!!!! BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!!

Trinity said...

yay! Mama used to take us out on a date on our birthdays. I have the best memories!!! and certainly your little ones will too! :D