Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Love Camping!!!

Last week we went camping.  Just our family and my sister, Anna.  It feels like it had been ages since we had been camping.  I love camping.  I think I could live in a tent and cook over a camp fire all summer long.  There is something magical about stripping away all of the "extras" in life and just enjoying every moment with the people I love most in the world.

Esther was just an infant last time we went camping so this was the first trip she was really "participating" in it.  She was a great little camper except for the fact that she did not like sleeping in the tent.  By the end of the trip I felt a bit like a zombie from lack of sleep.  A happy zombie though.

We camped up at Yellow Bottom which has a great water area.  Plenty of deep swimming with tons of shallow play space.  Also an endless supply of rocks to throw into the river.  The girls loved it and we spent two full afternoons at the river.  Miraculously no one got sunburned!!!






Camp life was great!  There were lots of trails to explore and great places for hide and seek.  The girls loved roasting marshmallows, riding bikes and drawing the trees around them.




There's nothing as great as a "Morning Bethany".  With her great big grins and her head of curls she makes every day start fabulously!




One of the best parts of camping for all of us are DOUGH BOYS!!!


My friend Theresa introduced them to be when I was a teen and now we have them for EVERY breakfast EVERY camping trip!




The most wonderful thing about camp is of course, spending such fun, quality time with my favorite people in the whole world.  Nothing brings me more joy then being with my family.


It was such a blessing to have Anna with us.  She is one of my best friends, a super Monopoly player and a great hair washer.  Yep, no showers.  Next best thing is a sister to wash your hair for you!


My favorite, FAVORITE part of camping was hanging out with my very best friend.  David left the day after we came home for a week of camp, so it was so precious to have this extra time with him.


As our family grows and our campsite fills up, camping in no way becomes more hectic and draining.  It become more fun and enjoyable every time we go as more and more of us catch the camping bug.  I can't wait until next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for doughboys! Glad you are keeping the tradition going in your family. :-) You take such wonderful pictures, Grace. You make me feel like I am right there by the campfire with your precious girlies soaking in the joyous moments. Love you! ~Theresa A.

Anonymous said...

Your camping trip looks like so much fun. Thank you for posting. We'll look into Yellow Bottom as we are having trouble finding good camping spots with water features. Do you happen to have any suggestions for baby sleeping arrangements? We have a tent and a 4 month old and I'm at a lost for how we can create a safe sleeping arrangement. I don't trust my-sleeping-self to put him in my sleeping bag with me... Thank you! ~Ariana W.