Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's a Post!!!

Oh, my poor little blog.  How badly I've neglected you. 

Seasons of life are funny things.  When you are in one, good or bad, it is hard to imagine that anything else could come.  When you climb out of one it is hard to imagine how you got there in the first place!

This past season of life has been such a hard, challenging blessing.  It's been a year of emotional struggling and faith testing.  Then when all of that started to subside, my health has taken a slow dive.  Last October I found out I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  It's emotionally draining to know that every day I face the same thing;  Forcing myself out of bed only to be dying to return there all. day. long.

God has blessed me with a terrific naturopathic doctor who seems to have great understanding about what is going on.  ( And no, for the thousandth time, this has NOTHING to do with having five children this close together.)  We are very hopeful to see changes soon that will get me on the path of becoming completely well again.

God has also blessed me with having my sister Anna stay with us for awhile.  I don't know what I would do without her during this time.  It's amazing to see how God works.  I can't think of anyone in the world who could step into our lives like she does and be such an encouragement to me.

The biggest battle during this time has been the discouragement.  Just when I feel like I can pick myself up, something or someone comes along and completely knocks me down.  It has been so precious lately to just rest in knowing that I can't and wont be able to pick myself up.  But everyday I'm held in the arms of Jesus who will give me the strength I need.

I share this with you all because I WANT to keep blogging!!!  I miss it!  I think I've felt a bit of a struggle in knowing how honest to be.  I don't like sharing the bad.  I want this place to be always uplifting and encouraging.  But I feel like sharing only good right now is like putting a mask over the struggle that is going on underneath.

Thanks for bearing with me!  I really hope to be around here more, being real about the bad, rejoicing in the good, and striving forward in living a life held by a gracious God!  Please continue to keep us all in your prayers!

3 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

We have Jesus, so even the "bad" is worth sharing because He works it all for good! Let us join you in seeing what He will do! I love you, Grace!

"Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
2 Corinthians 1:4

Caleb and Kirsten said...

Praying for you! I've been wondering how you were doing and what was going on. The Lord will sustain you; His mercies are new every morning!!!

Raising Saints said...

(((Grace))) I too have CFS and I found out BEFORE all of the children came so ya can't blame them! Actually I think they are a blessing to this - because they force me out of bed in the morning! Try to find when your absolute best sleep cycle is and stick to always being there for it - I don't really sleep well until early morning so for us that means we sleep in til 8.My dh also lets me rest on the weekends which is huge. Its great that you found a fab doctor who will help you naturally!
I have been missing you my friend and worrying about you. I too like to keep my blog happy but sometimes you have to share life's struggles so your friends can reach out with (((hugs))).
I'll be praying!
Danielle