Friday, September 11, 2009

King Family Update~ Part 1

I figured that I'd better break this up, or it would be WAY too long! I debated back and forth, but decided to start with us older folks even if we're not too exciting.


David has been busy lately, juggling running his contracting business, trying to get as many hours he can at the police department, being a trustee, being on the leadership team with our youth group group, and of course pulling off being the best husband and daddy alive!



For those of you who are unfamiliar with his job situation right now, I'll briefly fill you in. He completed his reserve officer training in May so he now works with the Dallas Police Department as a reserve officer. While he is greatly enjoying that, the less than glamorous part about about that position is that it is not paid. Right now we are waiting and praying for a job opening to come up ( as amazing as this may sound, jobs are a little scarce right now), and that he will be hired at just the right time.




So in the meantime, he is building full time and trying to get his police hours in on top of it all. God has been so faithful to us by providing sufficient work during this time to provide for us. I am so grateful to be in a position to be able to sit back and watch God work, even when it seems impossible!




I am starting to feel a little more human these days after getting through the "been canning for days on end, everything is sticky, feel like a zombie" stage. Mary and I had a blast canning until we just couldn't stand any more! It was so much fun and while I'm enjoying being (mostly!) done, I'm really looking forward to next year.
Life is falling into a routine a little more these days which I am very thankful for. I so enjoyed those few rainy days we had and snuggled up by the wood stove, lit candles and drank hot chocolate. I'm trying to be thankful and not resentful for these last few days of sunshine, but I am an Oregon girl through and through and Fall is my very favorite season!
I've been having so much fun trying out the baby wrap (pic above!) that a dear MOMYS friend sent to me. ( MOMYS is an online group. "Mothers Of Many Young Siblings". It is such a wonderful place for encouragement and support!) She heard that I was curious about them so she sent one my way. I couldn't believe it! Poor Havilah is my test baby right now and even though she's not really one for snuggling, she likes it pretty well! I can't wait to start out young with my new little one.
Speaking of which, I am growing quite nicely ( which I am reminded of everywhere I go!). I have always been one to show quite obviously! It amazes me how consumed with baby bumps some people are. Never fear! I wont disappoint you!

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Enjoy your "bump." I am at the stage now where everyone enjoys predicting how early or late the baby will be and giving inducing advice. And patting the belly of course.

And yes, starting a baby young and wearing him/her in easier. I did with #2 and enjoyed the freedom of having my hands free. It was also a good way to quiet a fussy baby, but I think it works best if you have a baby who likes to snuggle to begin with.