Thursday, September 1, 2011

Heart For Home Thursday~ Little Helpers

I know we've all heard it before, but I'm going to say it again.  Teach you children to help around the house!  There are many negative views when it comes to training your children to work.  It's not about getting a free ride as a mom or turning our children into our slaves.  It's about training our children in diligence, perseverance, responsibility and hard work. 

Two years ago we made the "great switch".  We moved all of our eat on dishes to the bottom cupboard and put our pans and mixing bowls in the top cupboards.  It seemed so strange to me, but it has worked fabulously for our family.  The girls are now completely responsible for emptying the dishwasher and setting the table.  They thrive on the responsibility and receive much deserved praise for their service to their family.




What are some of your favorite ways to get your little ones involved in your daily chores?

1 comment:

Ginger said...

That's exactly what I do. I keep all the dishes in lower cabinets and all my baking stuff in the higher cabinets. I also recently moved all our cleaning products to a high cabinet (big kids kept forgetting to put the cabinet lock back on, so under the sink wasn't working), and I keep my mixing bowls, cutting boards, and muffin pans under the kitchen sink. (All stuff baby can pull out and play with and nothing will break.)