Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Taking Advantage of the Pre-School Years~ Part 9

There are a few more random ideas I'll be adding, but that is mostly what I'll be sharing.  Here's my brief sum up;  Remember~

  • Remember and believe that children are a blessing and a reward from the Lord.  Don't let any other way of thinking come into your mind!
  • That we are aiming our children towards a goal.  Our goal should be children who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength and to love their neighbor as their self.
  • That nothing else should take higher priority over our ultimate goal.
  • The pre-school years are the foundation of your children's lives.
  • Train obedience as top priority
  • Build in them a heart of obedience as you draw their heart close to yours
  • Tie those heart string!  And beware of cutting them!
  • Love your children, and teach them what real love is.
  • Teach your children to learn.
  • Teach them the truth.  Make sure they know the truth about God.
  • Teach your children scripture.

Please be praying for me as I speak at the conference on Friday.  I really am not a speaker and am feeling dreadfully nervous.  For some reason my body thinks I should stop breathing while I speak and that never turns out very well.  All I want is for God to be glorified and for other moms to feel encouraged.  Please pray that the Lord can use me however He desires!



3 comments:

Terri said...

I'll be praying for you, Grace. You have practical and encouraging words to share. Words that other moms need to hear. The Lord is with you and He will give you strength!

Stacy said...

I was blessed by reading your series, I know the ladies you speak to will be blessed as well. Thank you for posting this.

Anonymous said...

Your sincere love for the Lord and for others shines through when you talk, Grace. You will do fabulous and the listeners will be blessed. I love you! --Mom