Monday, September 24, 2012

A Brand New Week!

This last week was a wild and wonderful one!  Along with starting school we had a baby shower, a baby born, amazing relatives from every corner of the country and a beautiful wedding of two of my favorite people in the whole world.

After holding off long enough for her mommy to go to her baby shower the night before,  Baby Ava Alivia made her grand entrance to this world September 20. 

 
This is cousin #7 and she is as precious as they come.  We are so excited to watch this little girl grow into a beautiful young woman.  And she has SUCH kissable cheeks!!!
 
Saturday was the wedding of my brother-in-law Isaac and his beautiful bride Stefani.  We had aunts and uncles, cousins and grandparents from California to Alaska.  One of the many "best things" about marrying into the King family has been the relatives that have become so very, very dear to me.  I cannot imagine my life without them!  I know I can't name them all, but I think Aunt Donna and Aunt Millie hugs give me the encouragement to keep going for a very long time.  Some people just have love pouring out of every bit of them!
 
 
Did I say that Isaac had a beautiful bride?  I meant it!  Isaac is so very dear to me and Stefani is as precious as they come.  They are so perfect for each other and I'm so looking forward to not only having another sister, but to the incredible friendship I know we will have with Isaac and Stefani all of our lives.  I love them so much!!!

It's been a fabulous week.  And with another wedding coming up next weekend, a trip to Costco, starting piano lessons, and (HOORAY!!!) visiting with a dear friend from North Dakota this week doesn't look like it's going to be slowing down too soon. 

I'm so grateful to know that the Lord is with me everywhere I go and in everything I do.  It's in His strength that I pull my head off the pillow and pull out the school books.  It's in His strength that my back doesn't give out from a "baby" who wants to be held constantly.  It's in His strength that "we live and move and have our being.".  Praise God that through these joyous times and just the same through the tragedies going on, God is still God.  The God who's love and strength and sovereignty will continue to sustain us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for new babies and Christ-honoring weddings!!!