Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sound Jubilee

Last night the girls and I went to the end of the year Sound Jubilee Concert. For those of you who don't know Sound Jubilee is a homeschool band and choir that I was a part of for several wonderful years. My sister Rachel is still a part of it. She played a beautiful song on her violin with Anna Hesse and sang a solo ( It was so amazing it blew me away!) in one of the songs. I can't believe how grown up she is.
It brought back so many wonderful memories to me. Those were some good times! We never would have been a part of it had it not been for the Thomas family. Sylvia drove us to and from for a long time and they also gave me the flute that I started on. We had some great times together, stopping for Artic Circle cones afterwards or hitting the clearance racks at Wal-Mart! I was so nervous starting out! But Mr. Callen was good at encouraging and making it a very enjoyable time. Slowing I learned to read music. It's so funny to think back to when we started, being so proud of make ANY noise on our instrument even a piercing blast to playing actual beautful music by the end. I met so many wonderful frinds from band and choir. Bethany, Emily, Anna and Mary S., Alyssa, and many MANY more! People that are now a precious part of my life. It also gave me the opportunity to get to know that really cute trombone player better too!
Maybe someday my own girls will get to be a part of it ( Lydia already can't wait to join the choir!) and they will get to have the same wonderful experience that was such a blessing in my own life! Thanks to all of you who helped make it so memorable!

No comments: