Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Being Found Faithful

Tomorrow is my daddy's birthday. He always said that I was almost his best birthday present as I was born only four hours after his birthday.

People are always telling me how blessed my life is ( a fact I readily agree to!), but I believe it didn't just happen by chance. David and I both come from an incredibly Godly heritage. We were both raised by parents who wanted nothing more for us than to love Jesus Christ with all of our hearts. We were trained for a purpose. And my dad had much to do with that.

My daddy has always been my hero. There was never anything he couldn't do. He always loved us boldly in word and deed. He provided for us, played wildly with us and took great joy in our interests. But there was so much more.

My dad prayed for us. Every morning for as long as I can remember, he was up at the crack of dawn, building a fire, reviewing scripture and praying for his children. I have no doubt of the power of those prayers in my life! My dad was also my pastor for all of my growing up years. Always he was a man of integrity, living just as faithfully before his family as he did anywhere else.

One of my dad's favorite songs is called "Find us Faithful" by Steve Green. The chorus goes,
May all who come behind us find us faithful.
May the fire of our devotion light their way.
May the footprints that we leave lead them to believe,
And the lives we live inspire them to obey.
Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful.

I love you Daddy! Thank you for being such a faithful witness to me all of my days, and for continuing to be one for my children. Thank you for inspiring my fire to love the Lord. I want to be just like you!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is so neat! :) I came over via MOMYS. My youngest (so far ;) ) is also named Ella and that caught my eye! Your girls are beautiful! :)
Blessings!
Amy

Trinity said...

That is so precious Grace! Thank the Lord for Godly Daddies! My sisters and I were just talking the other day about our Daddy as our hero! I remember a time of just looking up at him adoringly after he fixed a broken rod in my closet when I was about 12, and just thinking he was the best man in the whole world! HE could fix anything! :D