Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting to Know Her

" Getting to know you. Getting to know all about you...." This has been my theme song for the past couple of weeks. These first few days of having a new little one join the family are always so precious. A new human being, perfectly created so uniquely and with a specific plan for their life. I think I appreciate how fast this time goes more with each one. I am doing my best to treasure this time and every moment I have with each of my children.
I have never in my life seen a baby like Ella. She is the dearest, sweetest little thing. From the very beginning she has been so easy. And I mean sooooooo easy! She eats like a pro. Her diapers are like clockwork. She burps almost as soon as you get her to your shoulder. She hardly ever spits up. She has slept for at least one four hour chunk every night except one. And she hardly ever cries. When she does cry, all she needs is to be fed, changed or held and that fixes everything. I am still in complete amazement!

She is also very alert, bright-eyed and aware of what is going on around her. People ask who she looks like. The answer is, DADDY!!! Or sometimes Uncle Timothy or Uncle Peter or Uncle Andrew or Uncle Matthew. Not sure what it is about her, but she is a King 100%! We haven't seen one ounce of Dixon coming out in her yet! As you can see, just a bit of hair. I think Bethany still holds the record of having the least though! Her eyes are piercing and indescribable. Literally. I can not tell what color they are! Sorry! No dimples. No birthmarks. But she does have something none of her sisters had.

The famous forehead wrinkles!!! Another thing she got from Daddy I guess. They absolutely crack me up. Anytime she raises her eyebrows or even looks up, wrinkles spread all over her head.
Here Ella Joy is with the other babies of the house. Don't tell the others, but she has totally laid claim to the favorite status around here. Ruth, Ammi and Leah are officially second best. So far Ella has survived having her heel poked four times to check for jaundice, her first cold ( isn't nursing a stuffed up baby the most pathetic thing?) and Havilah. She's quite the little trooper!

If you haven't been able to pick it up, I am madly in love. My heart is long gone to this sweet little girl. I cannot believe that God has given me this precious little treasure. It seems like yesterday I found out I was expecting again, and now here she is. Already such an irreplaceable part of all of our lives.
"Haven't you noticed, suddenly I'm bright and breezy? Because of all the beautiful and new, things I'm learning about you, day by day!"

2 comments:

Karen said...

Cute post! Theresa had the "wrinkles"...when she was in the hospital, the nurse saw her with her wrinkled-up forehead and said, "what's THAT??" :)

Our Peculiar Lives said...

Oh she is darling! What a little princess!