Friday, February 19, 2010

Overwhelmed

How am I this morning? Completely overwhelmed. I've been sick for the past three days. Nothing too serious. Just the headache, sinus congestion, sore throat and stomach ache that makes you wish you lived under your down comforter! I feel like my house is falling apart, due to the fact of Mommy wishing she was under a down comforter for three days. Oh, also we have no money. That's sort of what happens when there is hardly any construction work for months!

That is not even a glimpse into why I feel overwhelmed though. In the last 24 hours I have had two of the best dates imaginable. The first was with my amazingly incredible husband. Even with things being a little tight right now, he arranged for our girls to spend the night at Grammy's house and whisked me away to spend some time with him. I haven't had a chance to say it yet today, so let me just get it out there. I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!! I realized the other day that I have been in love with him for over ten years. But never have I loved him more than I do now. I could write a book describing all the amazing things about him. Every day I am blown away by how blessed I am to be married to such a mighty man of God. We are lovers and best friends and I am so thankful to be experiencing how awesome God's design for marriage is.

We had so much fun talking about past, present and a future full of joy and excitement. It was wonderful having that time to just be together. It was a fabulous date.

David had to leave early this morning for his men's group that he meets with, so I was enjoying sleeping in with my precious Ella babe and no one else in the house. That's when I got the invitation for my second date.

Gently and tenderly I felt called from my bed to the chair down by the fire to spend some uninterrupted time with my first love. Jesus. It was beautiful. He is beautiful. And Good. And Awesome. And Faithful. I could go on forever, but thankfully there is a book written about how amazing He is.

How precious it is to be held in the arms of our Savior. Why would I ever want to be anywhere else? To know that He loves me more perfectly and beautifully than I could ever imagine. To know that everything I love or care about belongs to Him and is completely in His control. How could I worry about a house or food or clothes, when my Father who loves me has unlimited resources and absolute wisdom as to what is best for us? How could I complain about anything when I taste and see everyday how good He is to me. He gave His own life to purchase me, wash me and make me righteous. He has blessed me more than I could ever describe. Never have I lacked anything and always I am basking in the overflow of His provision.

Yes, this morning I am completely overwhelmed. And I hope I stay this way every day of my life!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace, I love reading your blog! What a blessing you are to others! Loving our husbands is a wonderful thing! But loving our first love, Jesus, is even more wonderful! How great His love is for us!
Sarah Skelton

Aly sun said...

Amen to what you wrote. It's a great perspective to have when things are tough. I hope you feel better soon.

Theresa said...

Wow, thank you Grace. That's precious. It IS good to remember that God is everything that we need and that He will provide for us!! This encouraged me so much.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Grace. I needed that reminder. Sometimes I let little nit picky things get me so upset and worried, and yet in the big scheme of life, they don't matter at all. We do have an awesome God who loves us more than any other person ever could, and that is where our joy should be. Praise God for His love and faithfulness!
Laura King

RachelD said...

How beautifully put! And what beautiful perspective to have! Thanks for sharing!

Hannah Moorman said...

I LOVE reading your blog, Grace. Have I ever told you that???? If not, I need to! :) And this post was in my opinion, your best yet! There is truly nothing more beautiful than the love and grace of God. Thank you for reminding us all. And for reminding me that His love is so great, His plan so good and beautiful, and to know that every detail of my life is in His hands. Now, I'm overwhelmed. :) Thank you, Grace!!! Keep up the great posts! :)