Friday, December 2, 2011

Soup #2~ Beef Stew

This is one of those " It can't get any easier" soups that just always hit the spot.  My mom would make this when I was growing up, and I love it as much today as I did then.


I start with a thawed package of stew meat (about 1 pound).  I trim off the large pieces of fat and cut the meat into bite size pieces.  I put it in a pot of water and simmer for H O U R S!!!  The longer the better!  Watch your water level periodically and add more as needed.  After the meat is falling apart and tender, add chopped carrots, potatoes and onions. After the veggies ahve cooked, mix about 1/4 cup flour with some water until you have a thick mixture, then slowly add it to the boiling stew, stiring as you pour.  If it's not thick enough, mix some more flour and water and add more slowly.  If it's too thick, just add a little water.  Once it's the right thickness, season liberally with salt and pepper.

That's it!  YUM!!!!!!!

(Yes, I eat soup while my husband cleans his gun!)

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: