Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Soup #6~ Cheesy Ham

A friend brought me this soup after I had just had Bethany.  I fell in love with it instantly.  A few months later I stumbled across the recipe and I've been enjoying it ever since!

Start with 2 cups sliced carrots, 2 cups chopped potatoes, 1 cup chopped celery and 1 chopped onion.  Cover them with water and boil until tender.  (If I have chicken bouillon on hand I usually add a tsp. while boiling, but it's not required.). 

Ladle 1/3 of the cooked vegetables and broth into the blender ( cooling beforehand would be ideal, but I never take the time to do that!  If using hot liquid, BE CAREFUL!!!).


Cover and puree until smooth.
Add pureed mixture to the rest of the soup (I know it looks strange, but it's going to taste great!).

After mixing these vegetable components together, add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese and 1 cup diced ham.  Season to taste with salt and pepper (wait until AFTER the cheese has melted though as it adds it's own saltiness!).

Mmmmm!  This is my idea of the perfect chilly afternoon bowl!

No comments: