Saturday, December 3, 2011

Soup #3~ Campfire Stew

I was introduced to this way of making stew when I started going camping with my in-laws.  After a full day of camping this ALWAYS hits the spot.  I came home from our last camping trip so in love with this stew that I decided to make it at home too.

Now, I'm almost embarrassed to tell what I did in the making of this soup.  Something completely unheard of in the Willamette Valley.  I BOUGHT zucchini!


For me it is the part of the soup and I just couldn't do without it!

In a pot add 1lb. cooked ground beef, diced potatoes, sliced carrots, chopped onions, chopped zucchini, 14 oz can of tomato sauce and as much water as needed to cover everything.  Now, when cooked over a campfire it takes on a delicious smokey flavor so when I make this at home I give the pot a few splashes of liquid smoke.  Bring to a boil and simmer until everything is tender.  Season with salt and pepper.


Mmmmmm!  Lip smackin' good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the first to comment - can I have a free bowl??? :-)