Friday, March 2, 2012

31 Days of Good Habits~ Day Two

Day two is pretty straight forward.  As soon as you get up.........


Clothes are already laid out because of the night before, so everything is ready to go!

Now, I have to admit, I struggled with this one.  I LOVE JAMMIES!!!  I would truly live in my pajamas if given the opportunity.  However, I KNOW how much more productive I am when I start my day dressed and ready for whatever may come.  It's just a fact.  I don't want my children to struggle with crawling out of their pajamas the way I do.  I want it to be a habit for them to get dressed as soon as they start their day.  However, on Sunday mornings, we don't get dressed before breakfast, very practically because breakfast always seems to end up on church clothes! 

Don't forget, micromanaging is a MUST if these habits are going to stick and work the way they are supposed to!  On our first day of adding this habit, everyone got dressed like they were supposed to, but pajamas were left here there and EVERYWHERE!  Part of getting dressed is making sure the old clothes end up where they belong. Teach every step and then make sure they are completed!


There are lists and reminder notes beginning to fill our house.  The great thing about these lists is that instead of nagging and saying the same thing over and over, all I have to do is send them to the list!  (Picture lists work great for non-readers!  With two readers in this house, they can help the younger ones.)  Eventually the lists will come down as these things truly become habits.  But it wont happen overnight so don't become discouraged.  Encourage your children and continue to instruct them in the right way!

Day Two~  Get Dressed!

No comments: